Areas of Expertise
Patents, IP Litigation, Pharma & Biotech
At the top of her game, Archana is a zealous patent practitioner setting new patent narratives in Indian IP jurisprudence while heading the Patents & Designs department at Anand and Anand, a Tier 1 IP law firm.
Legally, scientifically and technologically savvy, Archana is the go-to person for patent protection, prosecution, pre-grant and post-grant oppositions, appeals, revocations, plant variety protection as she manages an extensive portfolio of patents. She and her team – an ensemble of lawyers-cum-scientists, engineers, biotechnologists, chemists and physicists -- also provide straightforward advice in litigation.
Archana has enabled the firm to successfully secure patent protection for Nivolumab after 6 oppositions, ertugliflozin, Delgocitinib for Japan Tobacco and Luseogliflozin for Taisho after several pre-grant oppositions. It also successfully defended several ICT (SEP) patents and mechanical inventions before the Patent Office; secured patent for Pfizer for Tofacitinib while checking delay caused by benami pre-grant oppositions. She has been a lead in cases returning noteworthy judgements like Monsanto’s Supreme Court order, Ferid Allani case, Pioneer overseas Corporation, Novo Nordisk, Roche, Merck, Sterlite etc.
Domestic and International clients trust her understanding of the key drivers of the industry and the science behind them. Business-minded, cost-conscious and a thought leader, Archana is ever-ready to take challenges head-on and shift paradigms.
- IAM’s first ever Women in Patents event’s advisory board
- First woman president of Federation of IP Attorneys- India Section
- Vice president, North India for Licensing Executives Society International
- Nominated by FICPI on EPO’s Standing Advisory Committee 2021-23
- Member – APAA and AIPPI
- Recognized Individual – 2020 (IAM Strategy 300)
- World’s Leading Patent Practitioner – IAM Patent 1000
- Euromoney Asia Women In Business Law Award-2019
- Expert Guides Women in Business Law (Patents)-2016-20
- MIP Patent Star 2021
- MIP Top 250 Women IP Professionals and IP Star 2016 - 2021
- Chambers and Partners Spotlight for Life Sciences 2016 – 2020
- Asia IP Expert 2020