Anand and Anand announces The Indian Science Inventions and Innovations Conference
27 February 2023
As Noida-based Anand and Anand prepares to celebrate its 100th anniversary in August, the firm is organizing The Indian Science Inventions and Innovations Conference, a competition around inventions and innovations uniquely originating in India.
The conference is being held under the aegis of the 17th Raj Anand Moot and will focus on Indian Science including inventions and innovations uniquely originating in India.
- The participants may be any number of law students with a maximum of three members per team.
- The participants need not have a science background, but should have good research, presentation, and storytelling skills, which is what they will be judged on.
The teams will have to research for inventions, innovations in whatever period, be it the British, the Moghul or even the pre-historic period.
The themes can vary with complete flexibility. By way of illustration only, the following themes are listed here:
- Lifting, moving, pulling – appliances, machines, methods, or concepts
- Transporting, communicating, navigating, packing – appliances, machines, methods, or concepts
- Keeping the environment clean, purifying, etc.
- Health and medicine
- Music and musical instruments
- Amplification means or means to improve visibility or circulation of anything.
These themes are only illustrative.
Teams may present their project with the assistance of PowerPoint, audio/video presentations, storyboards, etc. Each team will have 30 minutes to present their project.
• The last date to send your intention to participate is March 10, 2023. Interested colleges are requested to send their intention to participate via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Last date for registration by filling the form at https://bit.ly/3XbWkwx is April 20, 2023.
On the basis of the entries received, the Top 10 teams will be shortlisted to present their project at the India Habitat Centre.
• Shortlisting of teams and the declaration of results will be May 15, 2023.
Date and venue of the competition
Date of the competition: August 26, 2023
Venue: The India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
Time: 10:00 am
Prize Distribution: 5:00 pm
Awards & Prizes
- Winner: Flame of Creativity, cash prize of Rs200,000 and a one month internship with Anand and Anand
- Runner-Up: Cash prize of Rs50,000
- Participation Prize: Rs25,000 to the remaining eight teams for their efforts.
Every participant will also receive a certificate of participation.
- Asia IP